Thursday, January 21, 2010

Its A Gift To Be Born A Muslim, An Achievement to Die A Mukmin

   
   Last week I gave a Seminar to SK Ara Rendang at Kolej Matrikulasi Penang. At their musolla I saw a nice saying at the notice board as follows: Its a gift to be born a Muslim, its an achivement to die a Mukmin. Wow. Its really a good reminder to Muslim. I keep asking myself have I appreciate enough of the gift presented to me when I was born. I hope so. I'm not sure really. I am trying my very best now to appreciate the meaning and its implications of that saying. Well my son-in-law, one of them, you know I have two son-in-laws, was born a Christian. He converted 12 years ago and after knowing him (just for one month when he visited and stay with us at Yan), this gentleman, a born-Christian really appreciate being a Muslims. Well to put the record straight, the other son-in-law and the other two daughter-in-laws are also good Muslims. Alhamdulillah.


I relayed this saying to my brother, Zakariya Abdullah who in turn told me he saw poster sticked to the rear screen of the car with the sayings: ALLAH GIVE AND FORGIVE, WE GET AND FORGET.  Think about that. Think. We will discuss this in the next posting. Think about it. Lu pikir lah ...

2 comments:

Hasan Abdul Rashid said...

As Salaamu alykum Ayah this is your son-in-law (Hasan) thank you for having me as a guest in your home. I just wanted to add something that that I was reading today in regards to the topic 'its a gift to be born a Muslim'

Allah (swt) says in Surah al-Hujuraat (49):17
Say: Count not Islam as a favour upon me: No! Allah has conferred a favour upon you, that He has guided you to Faith, i you are indeed true.

Allah bless whoever he will with Al-Islam it is that up to the beholder to chesrish it, uphold it and give it its due right.

May Allah make us among those who appreciate Islam and all the blessings from Allah.

Ameen

chik said...

Thanks to Ayah for the lovely words and abg Hassan for the lovely comment.

This is a self reflect for me..